evan and jaron - the distance

March 27, 2008

original artist: evan and jaron
what makes it a good version: this one is made solemn with a solo acoustic guitar in simple strumming, pad and slow violin in the background. very emotional and sentimental.



THE DISTANCE
evan and jaron


The sky has lost it's color
The sun has turned to grey
At least that's how it feels to me
Whenever you're away

I crawl up in the corner
As I watch the minutes pass
Each one brings me closer to
The time when you'll be back
You're coming back

I can't take the distance
I can't take the miles
I can't take the time
Until the next time I see you smile
I can't take the distance
And I'm not ashamed
That I can't take a breath without saying your name
But I can brave a hurricane
And still be standing tall when all the dust has settled down
But I can't take the distance

I still believe in feelings
But sometimes I feel too much
I make believe you're close to me
But it ain't close enough
Not nearly close enough

I can't take the distance
I can't take the miles
I can't take the time
Until the next time I see you smile
I can't take the distance
And I'm not ashamed
That I can't take a breath without saying your name
But I can brave a hurricane
And still be standing tall when all the dust has settled down
I can't take the distance
I can't take the miles
I can't take the time
Until the next time I see you smile
I can't take the distance
And I'm not ashamed
I can't take a breath without saying your name
And I can't take the distance

2 comments:

Jecca July 16, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

this is my favorite version of this song. thanks for posting...i could only find the new version on youtube.

aiMz July 16, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

you're welcome! i really love this song too. on a quite personal level :)

GREAT REMAKES - Blogged Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP